Students and staff at TAFE SA have a right to work and study in an environment free from harassment, discrimination or threatening behaviour.
When enrolling at TAFE SA, students must agree to accept and abide by policies and procedures, follow rules and regulations, and participate in studies as directed by your program.
At the commencement of classes, students can expect to discuss the specific requirements of their program along with the general TAFE SA rights and responsibilities detailed below.
Students can expect to:
- be treated with courtesy and respect
- learn in a supportive and safe environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying
- have concerns and complaints taken seriously and addressed promptly
- have reasonable learning needs met regardless of gender, disability, ethnicity, age, or mode of study
- have access to counselling and support services
- have opportunities to provide feedback on services and an avenue to participate in decision making that affects the student body.
Students are expected to:
- treat others with courtesy and respect
- know and observe student polices and procedures
- maintain a high standard of academic integrity in their work
- act in a fashion not likely to be perceived as discrimination, harassment or bullying
- attend classes and submit work as required
- act in a professional manner during work placements or other forms of practice-based learning activities and respect the confidentiality of information made available as part of that work experience
- respect TAFE SA property and facilities and not interfere with the performance of staff or the ability of other students to benefit from their studies.
There are a range of policies which describe your rights and responsibilities:
Provider Default Student Refunds
In the unlikely event that TAFE SA, or a party subcontracted to deliver on behalf of TAFE SA, closes or ceases to operate and in doing so, fails to deliver any part of a training program that a student has enrolled in, TAFE SA will refund, upon receipt of the appropriate TAFE SA Form, any unutilised tuition fees paid to date or arrange a place for the student with another suitable provider able to provide the same or equivalent course (subject to the student agreeing to specific terms and conditions of the other provider). Statements of Attainment will be issued for any accredited training that has been successfully completed.