The Issuance Policy establishes the principles, responsibilities and staff procedures for the issuance of Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Qualification and Statement of Attainment Parchments in accordance with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015, the Higher Education Standards Framework (Threshold Standards) 2015 (HESF) and the AQF Qualifications Issuance Policy.
An Acknowledgement of Training may be provided to students where either no assessment was undertaken or where the training course is non-accredited.
This policy applies to TAFE SA staff involved in the design, security, storage, assessing, printing and issuance of AQF certification documentation. Oversight of the issuance of AQF certification documentation is the responsibility of the Regulation Unit. AQF certification documentation will only be printed by the Issuance Officers within the Regulation Unit.
TAFE SA will ensure that every student who is eligible for an AQF Qualification or Statement of Attainment will be issued their AQF certification documentation within 30 calendar days of being assessed as completing their training program, provided all eligibility criteria have been met.
TAFE SA will only issue a testamur, in accordance with legislative requirements, when the following eligibility criteria have been met:
- The qualification or units of competency are included on TAFE SA’s scope of registration
- The student has been assessed as having met the requirements of the training product as specified in the relevant training package, VET accredited course or Higher Education course.
- The student has a verified Unique Student Identifier, unless:
- an exemption applies under the Student Identifiers Act 2014, or
- the qualification is a Higher Education accredited course, and the student commenced prior to 1 January 2021.
- All agreed fees for the relevant training program have been paid.
- In the case of international students, the qualification is registered on CRICOS and matches the student’s Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from PRISMS.
- In the case of apprentices and trainees, the qualification matches the student’s registered training contract in the Apprenticeship and Traineeship online Application System (ATLAS).