Benefits and opportunities
TAFE SA values its workforce and we offer our staff career prospects, professional development and support, as well as excellent employment conditions.
TAFE SA offers positions in its lecturing and non-lecturing workforce at more than 40 metropolitan and regional locations.
If you are a professional tradesperson or have extensive trade experience, and are looking for a new career, consider a job with TAFE SA. There is plenty of variety. There are opportunities for bricklayers, management consultants, chartered accountants, refrigeration mechanics, upholsterers, performing artists and people from other industries.
TAFE SA encourages employees in their quest for life-long learning by supporting many initiatives. We can also help you develop and advance your career by offering you:
- study assistance
- time off to attend studies
- return-to-industry programs
- professional development opportunities
- sick, carer’s and maternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- salary sacrifice arrangements
- opportunities to attend management and leadership development programs
- encouragement of to participate in departmental committees and working parties.
As part of our commitment to attracting and retaining the best possible staff and to assist employees to balance work and family life, TAFE SA also supports a range of voluntary flexible working arrangements. These include:
- part-time and job share arrangements
- purchased leave
- compressed weeks
- working from home
- working remotely (regional employees undertaking metropolitan-based positions from current residential location).
Vacancies at TAFE SA are advertised on “I Work for SA” website which is updated daily. We also advertise in the Government section of The Advertiser and CareerOne each Saturday.
On occasions we will publish vacancies in the national press and local publications such as:
- local Messenger newspapers
- local regional newspapers
- The Australian.
There are mandatory eligibility requirements for Government and TAFE SA vacancies. A vacancy or link to a Government website appearing on this page does not constitute eligibility to apply for such vacancies. Eligibility requirements are set out on the “I Work for SA” website, and in individual expressions of interest. Unless individuals meet the eligibility requirements of each particular vacancy they will not be eligible to apply. International applicants residing in Australia who wish to be considered for employment must be eligible to work in Australia.
TAFE SA candidate pools
Are you interested in pursuing possible employment opportunities and furthering your career within the public sector? Do you have previous experience in either administrative, arts or lecturing roles? Are you looking for the flexibility of casual, part-time or full-time employment? Throughout the year, TAFE SA requires employees on a casual or short term temporary basis. Vacancies occur across various campuses and workgroups throughout TAFE SA and over the following areas:
- Information Service/General Clerical/Administration
- Library Technicians/Librarians
- Material Officer/Stores
- Bar and Waiting Staff
- Kitchen Hand/Cashier
- Studio Assistants
- Arts specific – Front-of-house
- Arts specific – Theatre Technicians (lighting, sound, vision) / Stage Hands
- Hourly Paid Instructor (HPI) – casual lecturing / teaching / tutoring etc
Information required to be submitted prior to being accepted onto the TAFE SA Candidate Pool is:
- Current Resume / Curriculum Vitae;
- Current Criminal History Check; and
- Possible further selection process checks relevant to the specific role expressing interest in on the Candidate Pool.
For further information or to submit an application for consideration please contact TAFE SA HR.
Use of temporary agency personnel
From time to time, TAFE SA may use a range of temporary employment agencies to fill short-term vacancies. When accessing the services of a temporary employment agency, TAFE SA uses the SA Government Preferred Supplier Listing. This means that should we recruit for agency personnel, it will only be through a company listed on the preferred supplier listing.
Disability WORKS Australia Ltd manages the Disability Employment Register. This register allows for people with disabilities to determine if they are eligible for inclusion and then to be considered for vacancies in the South Australian Public Sector. Call Disability WORKS Australia on +61 8 8276 0900, visit their website or email email@example.com