Make an informed choice for your future study and learn more about TAFE SA's entry requirements and selection criteria.
You can access a range of vocational education and training courses and degrees at TAFE SA. Each course may have particular admission criteria you need to meet.
You can find specific admission criteria within each award course.
Many Certificates I to Advanced Diploma have no entry requirements. If you wish to access subsidised training, you will need to complete the CORE Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA).
Most Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses are eligible for VET Student Loans. To access a VET Student Loan you will need to show you are academically suited to undertake the course by either:
- providing a copy of your senior secondary certificate of education; OR
- achieving satisfactory results in reading, writing and numeracy skills by completing the CSPA; OR
- providing a copy of a qualification at Certificate IV level or above that has been delivered in English.
Ranking is used for entry to competitive courses where class numbers are restricted. This may include:
- date of application
- audition / written assessment / portfolio score
- previous applications where you have met Course Admission Requirements within the last two years
- successful completion of related short courses
Higher Education Admission Criteria
There are several ways you can meet the entry requirements for TAFE SA higher education courses. TAFE SA will consider applicants who:
- Have previously been enrolled in higher education study, such as a university degree
- Have studied a vocational education and training course at TAFE SA or another Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Are finishing year 12, or have completed secondary education within the last two years
- Have other work and life experience.
Visit TAFE SA Degrees for more information about higher education admission criteria.
Degree courses specify entry requirements within each individual course. Find out the entry requirements specific to you and your previous study, work or life experience.
Need further assistance? Contact the TAFE SA Infoline.