Apply Now

Steps to Applying

If you are an international student on a student visa, the following steps outline the process for applying to study at TAFE SA.

Agents can submit an application on a student’s behalf by using the agent portal at

Step 1     
Choose your TAFE SA course or University Pathway Program

Step 2     Check the entry requirements and the information needed for your application

Step 3     Apply online or through an agent in your country before the closing date (see below):

Step 4     Accept your conditional or unconditional offer online within 8 weeks and upload the following documents using our online application system:

  • Receipt for payment of your tuition and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
  • Proof of your Overseas Student Health Cover  (if not paid through TAFE SA)
  • Copy of passport if not already provided

Step 5      Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from us either through your agent or via our online application system.

Step 6     Apply immediately for your student visa to allow enough time for processing. If you have applied through an agent, they can help you with your visa application. You can find out more about student visas at the Department of Home Affairs.

Step 7     Book your flights. Review the website to learn about pre-departure, accommodation and transport options.

Step 8     Join our Facebook page to find out what’s happening at TAFE SA.

Application Closing Dates

April 2018 entry (Term 2)

Applications:      10 March 2018

Enrolments:       17 March 2018

July 2018 entry (Term 3)

Application Closing Dates:
15th May 2018

Deadline of GTE Documents:

and other conditional requirements
(such as IELTS, completion certificate for the Cert III & certified copies)
22nd May 2018
Payment/Acceptance of Offer:30th May 2018
COE Lodgement:
7th  June 2018

October 2018 entry (Term 4)

Applications:      24 August 2018

Enrolments:       31 August 2018

  • The above application closing dates do not apply to the following countries: Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain,Taiwan, UK, USA.
  • Offshore students (not in Australia) from countries listed above please allow enough time for processing of your student visa and flight arrangements (check with the Australian Embassy regarding processing times).
  • Enrolments should be completed by the relevant closing date. This means that applicants need to have met any conditions of their offer, accepted their letter of offer and completed payment to TAFE SA.
  • Countries and dates are subject to change.

Course Restrictions 

See Entry Requirements and the specific course page that you are interested in.

Policies and Responsibilities

As an international student, you must read the policies and guidelines in place concerning both your entry as a student into Australia, and your enrolment at TAFE SA.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

All international students need to have Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of their intended studies in Australia.

See Overseas Student Health Cover

Student Visa

If you have been accepted to study at TAFE SA you will need to apply for a student visa.

Your student visa is subject to a number of visa conditions that you must comply with whilst in Australia studying.

Learn more