Steps to Applying
If you are an international student on a student visa, the following steps outline the process for applying to study at TAFE SA.
Agents can submit an application on a student’s behalf by using the agent portal.
Step 1 Choose your TAFE SA course or University Pathway Program
Step 2 Check the entry requirements and the information needed for your application
Step 3 Apply online or through an agent in your country before the closing date (see below):
Step 4 Accept your conditional or unconditional offer online within 8 weeks
- Log in to TAFE SA International Online Application Service with the Username provided to you in your Letter of Offer. If you have forgotten your Password, you will need to reset.
- Once you are logged in refer to your “Submitted Applications”. The Status of your Offer should be at “Full Offer”. Click on the Action tab and select “Respond to Offer”
- The next screen will allow you to “View Offer Letter” and either “Accept Offer” or “Reject Offer”. If you are happy with the Offer please choose “Accept Offer”
- Then, please refer to Signed Response and tick the declaration box “ I declare that I have read, understood and agree to the terms and conditions”
- The last step to Accept the Offer is to click on the Green “Accept Offer” tab.
- You will then be taken to the Payment instructions.
- Payments may be made by credit card via the Online Application Service, or by other payment methods outlined in the Offer. If you are not paying by credit card, you may now upload your documents.
- Upload a copy of the following documents:
- Receipt for payment of your tuition and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Proof of your Overseas Student Health Cover (if not paid through TAFE SA)
- Copy of passport if not already provided
Step 5 Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from us either through your agent or via our online application system.
Step 6 Apply immediately for your student visa to allow enough time for processing. If you have applied through an agent, they can help you with your visa application. You can find out more about student visas at the Department of Home Affairs.
Step 7 Book your flights. Review the website to learn about pre-departure, accommodation and transport options.
Step 8 Join our Facebook page to find out what’s happening at TAFE SA.
Application Closing Dates
April 2018 entry (Term 2)
Applications: 10 March 2018
Enrolments: 17 March 2018
July 2018 entry (Term 3)
|Application Closing Dates: ||15th May 2018|
Deadline of GTE Documents:
and other conditional requirements
(such as IELTS, completion certificate for the Cert III & certified copies)
|22nd May 2018|
|Payment/Acceptance of Offer:||30th May 2018|
|COE Lodgement: ||7th June 2018 |
October 2018 entry (Term 4)
Applications: 24 August 2018
Enrolments: 31 August 2018
- The above application closing dates do not apply to the following countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Norway, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain,Taiwan, UK, USA.
- Offshore students (not in Australia) from countries listed above please allow enough time for processing of your student visa and flight arrangements (check with the Australian Embassy regarding processing times).
- Enrolments should be completed by the relevant closing date. This means that applicants need to have met any conditions of their offer, accepted their letter of offer and completed payment to TAFE SA.
- Countries and dates are subject to change.
See Entry Requirements and the specific course page that you are interested in.
Policies and Responsibilities
As an international student, you must read the policies and guidelines in place concerning both your entry as a student into Australia, and your enrolment at TAFE SA.
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
All international students need to have Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of their intended studies in Australia.
See Overseas Student Health Cover