Improve your English
Located in modern facilities in the heart of Adelaide, TAFE SA’s English Language Centre (ELC) offers affordable, intensive English language programs tailored to international students. You do not have to be going on to study a TAFESA course to study at our Language Centre.
If you are an international student on a student visa, a working holiday visa or tourist visa, TAFE SA intensive English language courses will develop your English skills for:
- Fun and travel
- Study at TAFE SA or university
- IELTS testing
- Future employment
English language courses
We are currently offering all English language courses for overseas students. Please be aware that conditions apply. Eligible English language courses include:
Which English language course?
We offer four different types of English Language courses:
If you simply wish to improve your English language skills, you can choose to study in any of our four English language classes. Generally, it takes 10 weeks of tuition to improve your IELTS score by half a point. The minimum period you can study for is five weeks.
If you have the specific goal of improving your English for entry to a TAFE South Australia award course, a university bachelor or masters degree, or for an immigration application, please refer to the table below to find out the best course for you and the duration of study required:
Click here to find out more about our English language courses.
Why study English with us?
- Affordable fees
- Small classes and individual attention from highly qualified teachers
- Only government-owned English Language Centre in South Australia
- Flexible start times and program durations, from five to 40 weeks
- Free English conversation classes with students from around the world
- Clear pathways to universities in Adelaide
- Opportunities to sit in on TAFE SA classes
- Access to the TAFE SA library with extensive English language and online resources