To provide people in the Building industry with a basic knowledge and skills in the use of building information modelling (BIM) features and functions of Autodesk Revit Architecture. People in the Building industry who wish to develop an understanding in the application of BIM and how it can be incorporated into their job, work and/or business.
- Introduction to Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Overview of the Revit Interface
- Revit Elements & Families
- Basic Drawing and Editing Tools
- Datum Elements – Levels & Grids
- Drawing and Modifying Walls
- Basic Annotation (Dimensioning & Text)
- Creating & Printing Sheets (Floor Plans & Elevations etc.)
What you will need for this online course:
- A Student version of Autodesk® Revit® (version to match the current academic year). This is provided free of charge on a 1-Year Education Licence through Autodesk® (not through TAFE SA however enrolment verification is required to obtain a Student Licence from Autodesk®)
- A Microsoft® Windows® based Laptop or Computer (tablets not recommended)
Note: Before you install the software, there are a few things you will need to consider. One of the most important, is the suitability of your hardware and operating system to launch and run the software successfully.
The system requirements for Autodesk® Revit® can be found here:
Apple Mac Users - Autodesk® Revit® is a Microsoft® Windows® based application. It is not supported on Apple Mac devices (Hardware & Operating System). You will need a Windows based PC to install and run it.
Class recordings will be available on Wednesday evening of each week. Students can work at their own pace and at a time that suits them.
Student Visa (500)
Current VISA holders eligible
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses