To provide people in the Building Industry with a basic knowledge and skills in the use of building information modelling (BIM) features and functions of Autodesk Revit Architecture. People in the Building Industry who wish to develop an understanding in the application of BIM and how it can be incorporated into their job, work and/or business. Note: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA.
Computers are provided on campus for students.
Introduction to BIM Modelling using REVIT
- Introduction to Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Overview of the Revit Interface
- Basic Drawing and Editing Tools
- Datum Elements – Levels & Grids
- Drawing and Modifying Walls
- Doors, Windows and Curtain Walls
- Floors and Reflected Ceiling Plans
- Components and families
- Roofs and Vertical Circulation
- Annotation Construction Documents
- Creating schedules, placing views on sheets