To provide people in the Building Industry with a basic knowledge and skills in the use of Computer Aided Drafting, in particular 2D application. People in the Building Industry who wish to develop an understanding in the application of CAD and how it can be incorporated into their job, work and/or business.Note: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA.
An introduction to Autodesk AutoCAD 2D drawing package.
Introduction to AutoCAD
- Identify the basic layout and features of the AutoCAD interface
- Starting New Drawings
- Opening and Saving Drawings
- Working with Commands and the Cartesian Workspace
- Organising the Drawing with Layers
- Drawing Precision in AutoCAD (Object Snaps)
- Basic Drawing & Editing Tools
- Working with Blocks (Creating & Inserting)
- Setting Up a Layout
- Adding Text and Dimensions
- Adding Hatching
- Printing the Drawing