This micro-credential teaches you how to protect your small business from online cyber-attacks through good internal cyber security practice.
Designed especially for small business, it will equip you with essential information about cyber security and cyber attackers and the information that is most at risk to cyber security threats. It will also delve into the potential impact to you and your business and the steps you can take to protect your operations from cyber-attacks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Anyone wanting to gain the fundamentals in cyber security
- Small businesses wanting to understand how to protect their business from cyber-attacks
- Self-paced, approximately 5 hours part time
- An Acknowledgement of Training will be available upon successful completion of the course requirements
- Start dates. Start anytime and study at your own pace.
The following topics will be covered:
1. Introduction to cyber security
2. Principles of security
3. Threats and vulnerabilities
4. Protecting your business
As you progress through the topics, you will gain and enhance your knowledge of cyber security for small business.
At the end of this micro-credential you will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of cyber security
- Put in place a strategy to protect your small business from cyber-attacks
WHY STUDY A TAFE SA MICRO-CREDENTIAL?
TAFE SA micro-credentials are delivered online and designed by industry experts to offer in-demand skills and expertise in our ever-changing world. All our micro-credentials are designed to offer the latest industry skills and insights and can be completed at your own pace in the space of days to weeks. Once complete, you’ll gain a statement of Acknowledgement as evidence of your new skills and knowledge.
For organisations that wish to pay the student fees for this course and are unable to pay by credit card via the website, please contact the Student Engagement & Onboarding team via email on SEOShortCourses@tafesa.edu.au to organise a Third Party Payment invoice.
Online (self-directed and self-paced) with an indicative duration of 15-20 hours. Continuous enrolments until 7 July 2023
Student Visa (500)
Current VISA holders eligible
Please choose carefully, as we do not offer a refund if you change your mind or find yourself unable to do the course.
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses