How great will you feel when you can say ‘I made it’? Learn how to make a garment of your choice, using industry techniques for that professional finish. You will cover adjusting a pattern, cutting out, fitting, sewing and finishing your garment.Note: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA.
Using a commercial pattern for a simple garment (pattern to be purchased prior to first session), you will cover many aspects of pattern alterations and sewing professionally including:
- Reading and understanding commercial patterns
- Measuring and adjusting patterns
- Introduction to fabric knowledge
- Basic cutting skills
- Using a sewing machine/overlocker
- Learn various methods of sewing techniques appropriate for your garment choice
- Students may produce a variety of samples using various demonstrated techniques for future reference
Discuss various methods and applications of utilising these techniques in fashion garments. Many of these wonderful techniques and skills can be applied to create original and inspired contemporary fashions, accessories and home crafts.
It is recommended that you have a basic knowledge of how to use a domestic sewing machine and basic hand stitching, however all skill levels are welcome. All machines for the course are provided by TAFE SA.