This course will prepare graduates with the skills and knowledge for entry into an apprenticeship (Certificate III in Plumbing) in one of the various sectors of the plumbing industry.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-apprenticeship)
This qualification has a range of units that introduce the learner to basic plumbing skills and knowledge including:
- working safely as part of a team
- measuring and calculating
- using basic industry terminology to communicate effectively
- reading plans and specifications
- selecting and using plumbing tools, equipment and materials
- producing simple technical drawings
- using basic welding equipment
- plus using plumbing pipes, fittings and fixtures to simulate plumbing installations.
To complete the qualification you are required to complete all 19 units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
of TAFE SA graduates are satisfied with the overall quality of training.
of TAFE SA graduates would recommend their training.
* 2021 NCVER Student Outcomes Survey findings