TAFE SA understands that sometimes it is difficult for students to pay their fees, and offers the option of paying their course fees via Fees-by-Instalments (FBI) to eligible students undertaking eligible courses.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible to apply for Fees by Instalments, the following must apply:
- I am enrolled (registered) in an award course at certificate II, III or IV level on the TAFE Self Service system.
- I am NOT an international student
- My fees are greater than $250
- I have no outstanding fees with TAFE SA
- My current financial situation does not permit me to pay my fees in full
- I am able to provide my proof of income (payslips/income statement from the previous two pay periods)
**Students who do not have the capacity to pay will need to arrange a Guarantor. The Guarantor will need to fill out a Guarantor Application Form
and provide proof of income.
To apply for Fees by Instalments, you will need to:
These documents request the details of your financial situation. You must provide evidence to support the information you provide.
These documents are also available from your local campus.
Fees By Instalment applications should be lodged at your local campus.
If you are approved to pay your Fees-by-Instalment, an education agreement with a schedule of payments, which shows the balance and amounts to be paid by an agreed due date, will be generated.
All instalments are to be made via Direct Debit from your nominated bank account or through Centrepay (Centrepay can only be used for students receiving payment from Centrelink).
You will need to think carefully about how you are going to manage your course costs so be sure to organise this before you enrol. You may be eligible for financial support payments, verify your eligibility by checking the Centrelink website.
You can also talk to a student counsellor for advice and referral.
Please contact us or call our infoline on 1800 882 661 for further information.