During your course you will become skilled in the application of cosmetic tanning, and all aspects of waxing including the face, eyebrows and body areas. You will gain knowledge in the:
• Application of tanning products with a tanning air compressor
• Preparation of skin and selecting the appropriate products
• Structure of the skin
• Hair growth cycle and the anatomy of the hair follicle
• Preparation of treatments and provide aftercare advice to clients
• What equipment you need and how to set it up for your services
• Step by step direction on how to perform a tanning service and on how to wax each part of the body
• Eyebrow shaping and tinting
• Eyelash tinting and lash lift
Choosing a TAFE SA course for school students is a great way to get a vocational qualification while you’re still in high school. You may also gain valuable credits towards your SACE Certificate, an apprenticeship, or a diploma or university.
TAFE SA Courses for School students gives you a taste of what higher education is all about, makes you work-ready, and helps you build practical skills in an adult-learning environment.
2023 delivery CANCELLED, 2024 waitlist available
Students must purchase tweezers, 2 small glass bowls, a large stainless steel bowl and a bath towel.