This online short course has been developed for anyone working within the health industry who is required to clean, sterilise and/or package items used for procedures.
The course provides additional skills for people within the health industry, especially those working in an office based health practice setting, such as general practitioner (GP) surgeries, dental practices and other environments where a limited range of sterilisation equipment is available.
The content covered in this short course will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to: clean and dry used items, prepare and package items for sterilisation, and sterilise loads.
The course specifically covers:
- Complying with quality management requirements;
- Safe work practices, standard precautions and organisation protocols for the reprocessing and storage of medical devices;
- Key aspects of Spaulding's classification;
- Safe work practices and standard precautions when handling and disposing of sharps;
- Manual instrument cleaning techniques;
- Procedures for use of steam sterilisers, thermal washer-disinfector, water and air pressure guns, automated lubrication devices, drying cabinets and hermetic heat sealers
The course provides 4 online hours of CPD and an Acknowledgement of Training upon completion.
Enrol and complete this online, self-paced course anytime between 28 January 2020 and 27 November 2020.
Continuous enrolments for self-paced online learning. Complete anytime between 28 Jan 20 and 27 Nov 20.
Student Visa (500)
Current VISA holders eligible
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses