SketchUp is an all-purpose 2D and 3D design and drawing software program providing students with the tools to easily create their ideas and designs. SketchUp’s low learning curve makes it the 3D modelling software for everyone with it’s simple to learn yet powerful toolset that empowers you to create.
After completing this short-course students will have the basic skills to model conceptual designs for drafting, building design, interior design, and kitchen and bathroom design.
Topics Skills Covered:
• User Interface, basic drawing tools and techniques
• Navigating the 3D space
• Drawing and manipulating geometry
• Applying materials to surfaces
• Creating groups and components
• Adding and modifying material textures
• Adding objects from the 3D Warehouse
• Creating scenes and styles ready for documentation
For organisations that wish to pay the student fees for this course and are unable to pay by credit card via the website, please contact the Short Course team via email at ShortCourses@tafesa.edu.au to organise a Third Party Payment invoice.
Student Visa (500)
Current VISA holders eligible
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses