Manual accounting skills are extended in this module with the application and use of MYOB accounting software.
Participants will learn how to create a new business data file, enter existing account balances, and process a wide variety of business transactions for various business types and structures. The full accounting process from recording source document information to producing and reading financial statements is covered.
- Record and reconciliation of financial transactions including inventory movements, bank reconciliation, Accounts Payable and Receivable and cash transactions
- Modify and operate an integrated computerised accounting system
- Process a range of transactions and produce reports
- Maintain the system and ensure data integrity
- Maintain business taxation accounting records
- Process lodgements and returns in accordance with Australian Taxation Office (ATO) requirements, excluding income tax
This module also examines business taxation compliance and includes the processing and lodgement of business returns.
Some of the units may require students to purchase a textbook as learning resources. The cost of the text book is an additional expense that is not included in the fee.
Set up and operate a computerised accounting system (FNSACC416)
Process business tax requirements (FNSACC411)
Course enquiries and more information
Freecall 1800 882 661