This module examines business taxes and the reporting requirements of entities in Australia. No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA. International students on a Student visa (subclass 500) are not eligible to undertake short courses.
Business Activity Statement (BAS) reports are prepared using accounting system data and the reporting requirements and legislation is examined to ensure compliance.
The payroll system is established and maintained in accordance with legislation such as award rates and leave entitlements. Payroll is processed and liabilities are identified and reported.
Business Tax and BAS Agent Practices
- Maintain business taxation accounting records
- Process lodgements and returns in accordance with Australian Taxation Office (ATO) requirements excluding income tax.
- Documentation for business activity statements (BAS) is prepared
- Respond to payroll enquiries
- Process accurate payroll for manual and computerised systems
- Process payroll liabilities
- Identify and apply compliance requirements to effectively process and complete business activity statements (BAS), instalment activity statements (IAS) and other required reports