This module examines business taxes and the reporting requirements of entities in Australia. For details on the short course refund policy, enrolment process, international student eligibility and more, please visit Applying for Short Courses
Business Activity Statement (BAS) reports are prepared using accounting system data and the reporting requirements and legislation is examined to ensure compliance. The payroll system is established and maintained in accordance with legislation such as award rates and leave entitlements. Payroll is processed and liabilities are identified and reported.
- Maintain business taxation accounting records
- Process lodgements and returns in accordance with Australian Taxation Office (ATO) requirements excluding income tax.
- Documentation for business activity statements (BAS) is prepared
- Respond to payroll enquiries
- Process accurate payroll for manual and computerised systems
- Process payroll liabilities
- Identify and apply compliance requirements to effectively process and complete business activity statements (BAS), instalment activity statements (IAS) and other required reports