This introductory level course covers the development, installation and testing of programs for programmable controllers (PLC) for a system requiring discrete control functions. The course focuses on developing your skills to meet the minimum industry standard in automation control.
Although students with previous understanding in automation will benefit from their experience, there is no presumed understanding prior to taking this course. During this course, students are required to complete multiple projects that replicate common problem-based scenarios within industry.
This course is based on student work in and around the Siemens S7 1200 PLC platform, although the skills and knowledge explored is transferable to hardware found across the electrical industry.
Topics covered include:
- Principles of microprocessors for industrial control;
- Ladder logic interpretation and programming;
- Digital inputs to control digital outputs;
- Complex control systems incorporating counters, timers, registers and fault diagnosis;
- Design and configuration of input and outputs within set parameters.
Develop, enter and verify discrete control programs for programmable controllers (UEENEEI150A)
Dates to be advised
Current VISA holders eligible
Course enquiries and more information
Freecall 1800 882 661