TAFE SA offer Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved unit Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA), including the Code of Professional Conduct (Code) which meet the education requirements set out by the TPB for those requiring board approved courses for Tax Agent registration and renewal.Note: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA.
To meet part of the qualification requirements for registration as a tax practitioner, you may need to have completed a Board approved course in the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA), including the Code of Professional Conduct (Code). This TASA, including the Code, unit meets the education requirements of the Tax Practitioners Board for those needing board approved qualifications for Tax Agents.
This individual income taxation course provides you with the skills and knowledge required to understand the legislation associated with registration as a Tax agent, Tax (financial) Advisers or BAS agent.
Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA) including the Code of Professional Conduct - TPB TAX4 (Tax Agent, BAS Agent and Tax [Financial] Adviser Registration)
- The objects of the Tax Agents Services Act 2009 (TASA)
- Registration process and eligibility requirements including
- The fit and proper person requirement, prescribed qualifications and experience requirements and relevant transitional provisions
- The Code of Professional Conduct, including the underlying content of the professional and ethical standards required of registered tax and BAS agents that are contained in the Code in section 30- 10 of the TASA
- Administrative sanctions that may be imposed for a breach of the code
- Civil penalty provisions including contraventions that apply to the conduct of entities that are not registered tax agents
- Civil penalty provisions including contraventions applicable to the conduct of registered agents
- The TPB's power to apply to a Federal Court for an injunction
- The Tax/BAS agent's obligations to notify the TPB of any change in circumstances