TAFE SA offer Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved unit Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA), including the Code of Professional Conduct (Code) which meet the education requirements set out by the TPB for those requiring board approved courses for Tax Agent registration and renewal.
- The objects of the Tax Agents Services Act 2009 (TASA)
- Registration process and eligibility requirements including
- The fit and proper person requirement, prescribed qualifications and experience requirements and relevant transitional provisions
- The Code of Professional Conduct, including the underlying content of the professional and ethical standards required of registered tax and BAS agents that are contained in the Code in section 30- 10 of the TASA
- Administrative sanctions that may be imposed for a breach of the code
- Civil penalty provisions including contraventions that apply to the conduct of entities that are not registered tax agents
- Civil penalty provisions including contraventions applicable to the conduct of registered agents
- The TPB's power to apply to a Federal Court for an injunction
- The Tax/BAS agent's obligations to notify the TPB of any change in circumstances
To meet part of the qualification requirements for registration as a tax practitioner, you may need to have completed a Board approved course in the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA), including the Code of Professional Conduct (Code). This TASA, including the Code, unit meets the education requirements of the Tax Practitioners Board for those needing board approved qualifications for Tax Agents.
This individual income taxation course provides you with the skills and knowledge required to understand the legislation associated with registration as a Tax agent, Tax (financial) Advisers or BAS agent.
For organisations that wish to pay the student fees for this course and are unable to pay by credit card via the website, please contact the Student Engagement & Onboarding team via email on SEOShortCourses@tafesa.edu.au to organise a Third Party Payment invoice.
Online (self-paced) - with continuous enrolments until 5th of December
Student Visa (500)
Current VISA holders eligible
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses