TAFE SA is offering three short courses that cover a wide variety of aspects of property investment. These are:Note: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA.
- Fundamentals of Property Investment
- Renovating for Investment
- Property Development Workshop
What is the aim?
The short courses on offer are aimed at people who want to learn about investing in property, in particular, the local residential property market. Principles learnt in the courses can be applied to many different property markets but case studies, field trips and class exercises will be based around the real-life local property market.
The courses cover many aspects of property investing which are vital to understand so as to maximise your opportunities to create wealth and minimise the chances of losing your money.
The short courses will be offered twice per year. They are all part-time courses with classes held outside of normal working hours. The courses are offered on weeknights and/or Sundays.
The weeknight classes are held on a Tuesday night between 6:00-9:00pm, at the TAFE SA Adelaide City Campus - 120 Currie St, Adelaide.
The weekend classes are held on a Sunday, generally between 9:30am-4:30pm, at the City West Campus of UniSA.
Benefits of the courses
TAFE SA offers high quality and practical property investment short courses that will give you a better understanding of investment and help you make educated and informed decisions when buying, selling, renovating, renting or developing property.
In addition to learning how to successfully navigate and invest in the property market, you are able to learn:
- The fundamentals of property investment
- How to manage your property and/or your property manager
- Renovate property for investment
- The basics of property development
- Which suburbs and what type of property to invest in
- Access to RP Data – a property sales database, usually only available to real estate agents and other property professionals.
The courses are taught by lecturers who are not only experts in their respective fields but also personally invest in property. The course coordinator Peter Koulizos, is the senior lecturer and author of Top Australian Suburbs and Property vs Shares.
Property Development Workshop
This course is suited to students who have knowledge and experience in property investment or have studied “Fundamentals of Property Investment” and have an interest in increasing their wealth through property development. There will be a number of experts involved in this workshop to assist students with their learning of the development process. Experts that will be in class will come from a variety of professions and may include developers, builders, building designers, real estate agents, surveyors, bankers and accountants. Topics covered include:
- Finding development sites and how to choose the best development site
- Interpreting council development plans
- Determining ideal size, configuration and design of new dwellings
- Working with council
- Basic feasibility study
- Selecting a builder
- Organising the finance
- Tax issues