This course provides the necessary accreditation for persons wanting to be endorsed in control of Vertebrate Pest. No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA. International students on a Student visa (subclass 500) are not eligible to undertake short courses.
Pest Management Technician endorsed for Control of Vertebrate Pest
- Introduction to Vertebrate pest in Australia
- Animal biology and behaviour
- Area of occupancy
- Generation time
- Population estimates
- Management actions required
- Control options
- Trapping and control techniques
- Safety and off target issues
- Safe handling, safe use, transport and storage of control options
- Record keeping
Assessment will include a short practical assessment onsite and a written assignment to be submitted within 6 weeks of completion of workshop.