This course is designed for newly elected representatives in their first year of office. The intent of the training is to develop skills to represent their work group and exercise their powers and functions under the Work Health and Safety (WHS) Act. It is not intended to train HSRs to be health and safety professionals or fulfill person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU) WHS obligations.
- Understand the context of WHS legislation and practice
- Understand the objects and principles of the WHS Act
- Identify various elements of the legislative framework
- Understand the role and functions of the regulator and their interaction with HSRs
- Understand the safe work approach to work health and safety issues
This course is certified by SafeWork SA (HSR Level 1). Participants seeking nationally accredited training in work health and safety, are encouraged to explore the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
This course is certified by SafeWork SA (HSR Level 1)
Dates to be advised
Current VISA holders eligible
Collaborate is a web-based online classroom collaboration tool that acts as a real-time virtual classroom. Students and lecturer will interact over the internet. You do not need to install any software and you can access the classroom from any computer that has internet connection, or a mobile telephone. That means you do not have to be in the same room together. You can access it from anywhere you have internet and a computer.
Course enquiries and more information
Freecall 1800 882 661