This qualification aims to give comprehensive training in spirits and liqueurs and covers the history, production and styles of principle spirits and liqueurs. Each session includes a comparative product tasting.
Online study offers students the flexibility to complete their study at a time and place that suits them. Blended and custom options are available for Regional or in house and require a minimum number of students.
While WSET online courses are a great option for many, it is important to be aware of the following requirements:
- WSET examinations are not online, students will be required to attend the examination in person. The exam date will be specified at the time of enrolment and is subject to change according to the COVID-19 situation.
- Samples are not included in the cost of an online course.
- Travel for examination and workshop is the responsibility of the student.
How does the WSET Online Classroom work?
- Each course has a set start and finish date, with clear guidelines on progression, however there are no fixed times to log-on as there is no "live" delivery of content. Students can complete their learning at times that suit them.
- Students will learn through a range of independent and/or group activities supported by videos and quizzes, designed to achieve the required learning outcomes to prepare for the examination.
- Throughout the course students will have access to a subject-specialist educator who’ll provide feedback on any assigned exercises and respond to course related queries.
- Students will retain access to the course materials for a year after the course concludes
Specifications for this course can be accessed by clicking on the WSET® logo.
Exam date: 3 August 2020 (subject to change due to COVID-19)
All students must be registered and paid minimum ten days before course commences to allow for registration and study packs to be delivered. Study pack will be posted once enrolment is received.
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses