This course describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to process business taxation requirements related to Business Activity Statements (BAS) and Instalment Activity Statements (IAS), including the completion of Activity Statements.Note: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA.
This course meets the Australian Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for BAS Agent registration and renewal of registration.
BAS Agent Registration - Carry out Business Activity and Instalment Statement Tasks
- Introduction to Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Business Activity Statements (BAS) compliance and other requirements
- GST adjustments and corrections
- Pay as you go (PAYG) income tax instalment
- Pay as you go (PAYG) tax withheld
- Fringe benefits tax (FBT) instalment
- Luxury car tax (LCT)
- Wine equalisation tax (WET)
- Fuel tax credits
- Instalment Activity Statements
- Manual BAS preparation
- Enter the transactions in MYOB and complete the BAS
- Make necessary adjustments and corrections in BAS