This course provides you with skills to evaluate a system's security and make recommendations that make the system more secure.
- Threats and vulnerabilities: use proactive threat intelligence to manage organizational security and vulnerability activities.
- Software and systems: employ security solutions to manage infrastructure and understand software and hardware assurance best practices.
- Compliance and assessment: apply security concepts for risk mitigation and learn the importance of frameworks, policies, procedures, and controls.
- Security operations and monitoring: analyse security monitoring data and apply configuration changes to existing controls as a way to improve security.
- Incident response: use the appropriate procedures, check potential indicators of compromise, and apply basic digital forensics techniques.
This course is intended for people who want to learn about cyber security defense using tools such as Kali Linux, Cisco Security Appliances, Autopsy, pfSense, Burp Suite, Security Onion, Ettercap, John the Ripper, Metasploit, Shodan, Nmap, NetCat, Snort, Nessus, NetworkMiner, Acunetix, netstat, Windows Defender, TCPDump, PentTBox and Wireshark
This course is at an advanced level.
The course is offered in partnership with TestOut.
For organisations that wish to pay the student fees for this course and are unable to pay by credit card via the website, please contact the Student Engagement & Onboarding team via email on SEOShortCourses@tafesa.edu.au to organise a Third Party Payment invoice.
Online (self-paced) - continuous enrolments until 30th of June 2023.
Self-paced, with approximately 5-6 hours per week of study
Continuous enrolment - you can start this course at anytime. However you will be only allowed the maximum duration of the course from the date of access to the course.
Student Visa (500)
Current VISA holders eligible
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses