This course is about the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure using Amazon Web Services(AWS). It is designed to teach solutions architects how to optimize the use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions.
Architectural solutions can differ depending on the industry, type of applications, and size of business. This course emphasises best practices for the AWS Cloud, and it recommends various design patterns to help think through the process of architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS.
Core Skills covered:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
- Use AWS services to make infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
- Use AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
- Increase performance and the reduce cost of a cloud infrastructure built on AWS
- Use the AWS Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures that use AWS solutions
This course is intended for solutions architects, solution-design engineers, developers seeking an understanding of AWS architecting and individuals seeking the AWS Solutions Architect-Associate certification.
This course is at an intermediate level.
The course is offered in partnership with Amazon Academy Training and Certification
For organisations that wish to pay the student fees for this course and are unable to pay by credit card via the website, please contact the Short Course team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a Third Party Payment invoice.
Online (self-paced) - up to 6 months in duration.
Accepting enrolments until 1 July 2024.
Please Note - This course commences from 22 January 2024. You will receive further information from lecturer after this date.
Student Visa (500)
Current VISA holders eligible
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses