This course is about the fundamentals of building IT infrastructure using Amazon Web Services(AWS). It is designed to teach solutions architects how to optimize the use of the AWS Cloud by understanding AWS services and how these services fit into cloud-based solutions.
Architectural solutions can differ depending on the industry, type of applications, and size of business. This course emphasises best practices for the AWS Cloud, and it recommends various design patterns to help think through the process of architecting optimal IT solutions on AWS.
Core Skills covered:
- Make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices
- Use AWS services to make infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available
- Use AWS managed services to enable greater flexibility and resiliency in an infrastructure
- Increase performance and the reduce cost of a cloud infrastructure built on AWS
- Use the AWS Well-Architected Framework to improve architectures that use AWS solutions
This course is intended for solutions architects, solution-design engineers, developers seeking an understanding of AWS architecting and individuals seeking the AWS Solutions Architect-Associate certification.
This course is at an intermediate level.
The course is offered in partnership with Amazon Academy Training and Certification
For organisations that wish to pay the student fees for this course and are unable to pay by credit card via the website, please contact the Student Engagement & Onboarding team via email on SEOShortCourses@tafesa.edu.au to organise a Third Party Payment invoice.
Online (self-paced) - continuous enrolments until 30th of June 2023.
Self-paced, with approximately 4-5 hours per week
Continuous enrolment - you can start this course at anytime. However you will be only allowed the maximum duration of the course from the date of access to the course to complete your studies.
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses