This course is designed for individuals who have responsibility for preparing the business activity statement (BAS), payroll and processing business tax returns such as taxation specialists, bookkeepers, tax agents, payroll officers, BAS agents and accountants.
The course also enhances the skills and knowledge required to maintain taxation accounting records and process lodgements and returns in accordance with Australian Taxation Office (ATO) requirements.
- Collection and recovery of tax provisions in Part VII of the Fringe Benefits Tax Assessment Act 1986
- The indirect tax law (GST law, the wine tax law, the luxury car tax law and the fuel tax law, as defined in section 995-1 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 [ITAA 1997])
- Parts 2-5 and 2-10 of Schedule 1 to the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (TAA) (the pay as you go system)
- Relevant Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and TPB requirements, including TPB registration requirements, the Code of Professional Conduct (Code) and the operation of the civil penalty provisions
- Relevant privacy principles as contained in the Privacy Act 1988
- GST terminology and appropriate application to financial transactions
- Taxation requirements for business purposes and taxation parameters related to a range of business types
- Relevant accounting terminology when maintaining accounting records for a variety of business types for taxation purposes
- All sections of both business activity statements and instalment activity statements for multiple entity types, including lodging statements within the allocated time frame
- How to calculate and input data into payroll systems, including PAYG (withholding and instalments), fringe benefits tax (FBT) relating to collection and recovery and preparation of payment summaries
- How to comply with organisational guidelines relating to security and confidentiality of information
This course meets the Australian Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for BAS Agent registration and renewal of registration.
Some of the units may require students to purchase a textbook as learning resources. The cost of the text book is an additional expense that is not included in the fee.
Process business tax requirements (FNSACC411)
Establish and maintain payroll systems (FNSTPB402)
Complete business activity and instalment activity statements (FNSTPB401)
Course enquiries and more information
Freecall 1800 882 661