Are you passionate about photography and interested in pursuing further study or a career in the photography and photo imaging industry?
This short course has been developed to assist you in meeting the portfolio entry requirements for the Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging (CUA50915) at TAFE SA.
Throughout this 3-week course you will be guided through the process of image review and selection, as well as how to write a verbal description to support your images. You will also learn how to save images in the correct file format and how to submit your portfolio once complete.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the portfolio requirements
- One on one portfolio viewing with a lecturer
- Image review and selection
- How to write your portfolio description
- Finalising your portfolio
- Correct file type and image sizing
- How to submit your portfolio
You will be required to bring a variety of work from your current photographic portfolio in digital format. All images must display the manual use of camera control to obtain correct exposure and must be in focus.
Your final folio will need to consist of 4 images. Please bring images that demonstrate each of these requirements below:
- Image displaying lighting that highlights the shape of a building (the image may be of a full building or an architectural detail)
- Portrait image, which displays soft lighting and shallow depth of field (the image may use studio or natural lighting)
- Still life or product image which is composed in a way that could be used to promote the subject
- Image that displays creative use of shutter speed.
All short courses run subject to minimum numbers.
3 weeks x 3 hours
Students holding Visa 500 are eligible
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses