This module covers the skills and knowledge required to assess and verify information provided in credit applications, measure risk of credit and provide an understanding of small business customers banking product needs. No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA. International students on a Student visa (subclass 500) are not eligible to undertake short courses.
1. Financial services industry: depository institutions, risks of financial institutions.
2. Interest rate risk measurement: the repricing model and the duration model.
3. Managing interest rate risk using off-balance-sheet.
4. Instruments, loan sales and securitisation.
5. Market risk, individual loan risk, loan portfolio and concentration risk, sovereign risk, foreign exchange risk and liquidity risk.
6. Liability and liquidity management and off-balance-sheet activities.
7. Technology and other operational risks and Capital management and adequacy.