This module covers the skills and knowledge required to understand financial markets and to access, interpret and analyse financial market information to provide advice on financial decision making. No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA. International students on a Student visa (subclass 500) are not eligible to undertake short courses.
1. Financial System, interest rates, monetary policy and the economy.
2. Commercial banks and investment banks.
3. Personal finance, business finance and corporate finance.
4. The Stock Exchange, understanding the share market and international financial markets.
5. Government debt and the payments system and risk management and derivatives.