Are you looking to pursue a study path or career in graphic design?
This short course has been developed to support you in the creation of an online portfolio, which forms part of the admission requirements for the Diploma in Graphic Design (CUA50715).
The course will help you to create an online portfolio of your work, which showcases your technical skills and ability to:
- Produce multiple examples of graphic design work that respond effectively to different design challenges,
- Produce typography that supports the overall design solution, and
- Use graphic design industry software
Your online portfolio may then be used for your application into the Diploma in Graphic Design (CUA50715).
This course is suited to individuals who wish to make a start in their graphic design career, have a strong creative flair for arts and visual communication and want to produce graphics in a commercial context.
Basic computer skills are essential, along with basic to intermediate skills and knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
You will be required to bring samples of your previous design work, including:
- Poster (or similar) that contains a manipulated graphic/image, header and body text,
- Logo design that is applied to a business card or similar,
- Small brochure (or similar) that contains a substantial amount of text and imagery
For each item you must show rough sketches
You will also be required to bring writing materials and a USB stick or hard drive.
All short courses run subject to minimum numbers.
3 weeks x 3 hours
Students holding Visa 500 are eligible
No concessions apply.
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses