This module covers the price mechanism, market structures, international trade, economic policy, growth and the financial system and how it impacts on business decision making. No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA. International students on a Student visa (subclass 500) are not eligible to undertake short courses.
1. Understanding of supply and demand equilibrium and elasticity.
2. Understanding the market structure and the role of households, business and government in the market.
3. Understanding interest, inflation and unemployment rates.
4. The role of international trade, Gross domestic Product(GDP) and the exchange rate in Australia’s domestic and international markets.
5. The use of fiscal, monetary and external policy by the Australian government.