This continuing professional development course provides you with a skills and knowledge required to set up and operate a computerised accounting system, inventory management, end of period reconciliation and business reporting. No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA. International students on a Student visa (subclass 500) are not eligible to undertake short courses.
This course may satisfy the continuing professional development requirements for bookkeepers, BAS agents, accountants, Tax agents and employees working in the business service sector.
This course will also be of benefit to business owners, managers, business partners, bookkeepers, assistant accountants and accounts clerks.
Setup and Operate Computer Accounting (MYOB)
- Set up a new company file: Modify accounts list and tax codes, opening balances
- Card files: Set up customers and suppliers, link accounts, use customers tax code, contact log, combine cards
- Cash transactions: Spend and receive money, recurring transactions, bank deposits, bank reconciliation and petty cash and reconciliation
- Accounts receivable/payable: Sales and purchases, receipts and payments/electronic payments/BPay , applying discount, contra entry, reconciliation to general ledger, customer/supplier ledger reports, print/email invoices and print/email statements
- Business reporting: Aged payables and receivables, trial balance, profit and loss and analysis, balance sheet and analysis, sales analysis and audit trail
- BAS preparation and reconciliation: GST and tax code reports – check for errors, set up BAS information, prepare BAS and reconcile to GST report and process BAS transaction
- Other Advanced MYOB applications: Combine cards and accounts, transfer money between accounts, delete transactions, lock periods, start a new financial year and invoices paid on the same day as invoiced