This continuing professional development course provides you with a skills and knowledge required to: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA. International students on a Student visa (subclass 500) are not eligible to undertake short courses.
- Prepare and process routine financial documents, prepare journal entries, post journals to ledgers, prepare banking and reconcile financial receipts and extract a trial balance and interim reports.
- Reconcile and monitor financial accounts receivable systems, identify bad and doubtful debts and plan a recovery action and remit payments to sundry creditors.
This course may satisfy the continuing professional development requirements for bookkeepers, BAS agents, accountants, Tax agents and employees working in the business service sector.
This course will also be of benefit to business owners, managers, business partners, bookkeepers, assistant accountants and accounts clerks.
Process Financial Transactions and Administer Accounts
- Introduction to accounting and business transactions
- Introduction to bookkeeping and Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Double entry system
- Special journals and trial balance
- Cash journals
- Bank reconciliation and petty cash
- General journal
- Subsidiary ledger and control accounts
- Managing accounts receivable
- Managing accounts payable