This unit covers the process of operating tractors, with or without attached equipment, and addresses skills and knowledge to:
- carry out pre-operational checks and maintenance including tagging defects,
- set and secure attachments according to manufacturer's directions,
- operate tractor in a safe and controlled manner,
- implement shut-down procedures, and
- store machinery and equipment and record maintenance and operation details.
Following the theory component (refer to available dates below) you will be required to complete practical work in your own time, which is to be recorded in your logbook. It is important to ensure that you have access to the required machinery to be able to complete your logbook.
Once you have completed the required number of hours and finalised your logbook, please contact the assessor from your theory component to arrange for the final practical assessment. Following successful completion of the practical assessment you will be issued with your Statement of Attainment for the above listed Accredited Unit(s).
Operate tractors (AHCMOM202)
Wed 28 Aug 19
This delivery is offered under State Government funding subsidies. Eligible students must be an Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident, be 16 years of age or over and reside in an eligible regional location.
Course enquiries and more information
Freecall 1800 882 661