TAFE SA offer the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved course which meet the education requirements set out by the TPB for those requiring board approved courses for BAS Agent registration and renewal. For details on the short course refund policy, enrolment process, international student eligibility and more, please visit Applying for Short Courses
- The following topics are covered in this course:
- Payroll system and legislation
- Superannuation obligations
- Payment summaries and payroll calculations
- Manual payroll and accounting for salaries and wages
- Setting up the MYOB payroll command centre
- Processing personal leave
- Holiday pay and leave loading
- Payroll tax
- End of year procedures and reconciling payroll
- Salary sacrifice
- Calculating a termination payment
If you have prior qualifications in GST/BAS taxation principles, you may not need to complete these courses. To discuss with a lecturer about selecting the correct course for you, please send an email to FJP.firstname.lastname@example.org before enrolment.
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge required to record and prepare payroll documentation, respond to enquiries and process accurate payroll data for manual and computerised systems.