Anyone working with or providing services for Children in South Australia is a mandated notifier. This course provides information pertaining to the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 and the associated obligations as a mandated notifier.
At the end of this training you will be able to:
- Identify situations or behaviours of concern that warrant reporting to the Department for Child Protection
- Demonstrate awareness of the Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017 including the responsibilities of individuals, mandated notifiers and organisations who provide a service to children and young people
- Understand trauma related behaviours and indicators
- Consider appropriate ways to respond to disclosures of abuse
- Understand the process of reporting to the Child Abuse Report Line (CARL) and the elements of an effective notification
Student Visa (500)
Current VISA holders eligible
Currently this course is unavailable on campus due to COVID-19 and restrictions of delivery. Please be assured on campus delivery will recommence once restrictions have been lifted.
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses