As a cyber security paraprofessional you will be able to: detect or determine breaches in network and system security; know how to escalate an incident to the security response team; and work confidently with a range of stakeholders (internal or external to the organisation) that need to be aware of a threat or vulnerability.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate IV in Cyber Security
In this cyber security course, you will gain practical skills in:
- PEN testing
- identifying and reporting website and system vulnerabilities
- system testing
- securing PCs in a workplace environment
- evaluating and reporting cyber security incidents
- networking concepts and protocols
- setting up and managing network security
- security script programming
- website security
- problem researching
- working with a team to develop cyber policies and procedures to meet workplace and legislative requirements.
To complete this qualification you are required to complete all 10 core units and 6 elective units.
of TAFE SA graduates find jobs or continue studying.
of TAFE SA graduates are satisfied with the overall quality of training.
* 2017 NCVER Student Outcomes Survey findings