Career opportunities include:
• Outdoor Recreation Coordinator
(eg: commercial outdoor recreation companies, schools, aquatic centres, government agencies)
• Outdoor recreation project officer
• Advanced bush walking guide
• Climbing instructor
• Sea/flat water Kayak instructor
• Outdoor activity instructor
• Outdoor recreation leader
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Diploma of Outdoor Leadership
This course provides an in-depth level of knowledge and skills that can be applied in a wide variety of occupations across the outdoor recreation industries.
Plan and lead outdoor activities for school outdoor recreation programs, guide clients on adventure tours around SA and lead bushwalks and field trips to remote locations.
- Planning and leading outdoor activities for a number of SA school's outdoor recreation programs
- Leading bushwalks and field trips to remote locations in SA
- Coordinating and guiding “real” clients on an adventure tourism trip on Kangaroo Island.
To complete these qualifications you are required to complete all 30 core units plus 26 electives.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
of TAFE SA graduates find jobs or continue studying.
of TAFE SA graduates are satisfied with the overall quality of training.
* 2020 NCVER Student Outcomes Survey findings