This qualification is designed for individuals who require further foundation skills development to prepare for workforce entry or vocational training pathways. It is suitable for individuals who require:
- a pathway to employment or further vocational training;
- reading, writing, oral communication, learning and numeracy skills primarily aligned to the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 3;
- entry level digital literacy and employability skills;
- a vocational training and employment plan.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
This qualification covers digital technology, work-related learning, fraction, decimals and percentages, metric measurements and reading, responding to writing workplace texts. To complete the qualification you are required to complete 1 core unit and all 13 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
of TAFE SA graduates find jobs or continue studying.
of TAFE SA graduates are satisfied with the overall quality of training.
* 2019 NCVER Student Outcomes Survey findings