This course provides training for community service workers who design and deliver person-centred services to individuals and/or groups. Workers may provide support, advocacy or interventions to individual clients, groups or communities across a range of services.
- This qualification requires a combination of online study and compulsory weekly attendance on campus. In addition to this, students will be required to attend a localised industry specific setting for work placement (50-100 hours) and complete industry experience at Bower Place Complex Needs Clinic www.bowerplace.com.au - a practicing clinic; located in Gawler Place, ADELAIDE.
- Campus locations for workshop day will include Noarlunga, Regency Park and Elizabeth.
- All Regional applicants please apply via Regency Park Campus (SATAC Code 752360). Once per term an intensive 1 week practical block will be offered at Adelaide Campus as an alternative study option for regional students ONLY. This will replace the weekly workshops.
- For participation in this qualification, students will be required to obtain a clearance from the Department of Communities and Social Inclusion at their expense. For more information please go to https://screening.dcsi.sa.gov.au/
How to Apply
Note: You must be an Australian Resident to apply for this course.
For International Students please visit International Courses.
On completion of this qualification, students may be able to move into the community services sector, working in roles such as case worker, prevention worker, home based care worker, community services worker, welfare worker and early intervention worker.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate IV in Community Services
Skills covered include interests and rights of clients, communication, working with diverse people, legal and ethical requirements, developing and maintaining networks and partnerships and workplace safety. 7 core units plus 8 electives.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
This course is subsidised through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative.
To access subsidised training through WorkReady, your suitability to complete the qualification will be assessed. This may include participation in a Language, Literacy and Numeracy pre-assessment.
This course is funded through the Government of South Australia's WorkReady initiative. To find out if you may be eligible for
this funding please visit the TAFE SA website.
There may be incidental fees for additional expenses to those required to complete the course. For example for equipment,
transport or accommodation.
To help with the payment of your fees, you may be able to pay your fees by instalments. To find out more please visit:
You may also be eligible for a fee concession if you hold a current:
- Health Care Card
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Veterans Affairs Card
or if you are a prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution.
To find out more please visit: www.tafesa.edu.au/concession