This foundation course in graphic design will provide you with the skills to understand and apply the basics of imagemaking, typography, composition with a focus on design principles (hierarchy & emphasis, contrast, balance, alignment, repetition and flow) and working with the elements of design such as line, shape, space, texture, value, size and scale and colour.
- BSBDES201 Follow a design process
- BSBDES301 Explore the use of colour
- BSBDES302 Explore and apply the creative design process to 2D forms
- BSBDES303 Explore and apply the creative design process to 3D forms
- BSBDES304 Source and apply design industry knowledge
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to Health and Safety of Others
- CUAACD301 Produce drawings to communicate ideas
- BSBITU309 Produce desktop published documents
- CUAGRD301 Prepare files for publication
- CUAPPR301 Produce creative work
- ICPPRP221 Select and apply type
- CUAPHI302 Capture photographic images
Duration: Studied over 3 terms
Start date: Monday, February 4, 2019
End Date: Monday, October 14, 2019
Contact hours: 1 day per week between 9am – 4pm with classes scheduled on Monday.
Nominal hours: 525
SACE Credits: Stage 2 credit points apply to a maximum of 80 SACE credits.
Price: $2,700.00 for full course. Payable over three terms.