TAFE SA offer the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved core course in Australian Commercial Law which meet the education requirements set out by the TPB for those requiring board approved courses for Tax Agent registration and renewal.
- About companies and company law
- Legal nature of companies and business structures (companies, partnerships, sole trader, trust, joint venture, etc.)
- Constituting companies and managing companies
- Members: meetings and decision making
- Restrictions on members decision making and company directors and other officers
- Directors duties
- Consequences of breach of duty and members remedies
- Reporting and disclosure and financing companies
- Shares and shareholding
- Securities and takeovers and financial services and markets
- Transacting by companies
- External administration and winding up and
- Trust law
To meet the requirements of a Board approved course in commercial law to register as a tax agent, you need to have completed three tertiary level units which do not have substantial overlap of content. At least two of these units must be core units. This core commercial law course meets the education requirements of the Tax Practitioners Board for those needing board approved qualifications for Tax Agents.
If you have prior qualifications in Australian Taxation Law, you may not need to complete these courses. To discuss with a lecturer about selecting the correct course for you, please send an email to FJP.email@example.com before enrolment.
This Australian Commercial Law core unit provides you with the skills and knowledge required to understand the body of legal principles which regulate companies in Australia including the management and control of companies; the process by which companies transact; and the process by which companies are both initiated and brought to an end and Trust law.
This course requires students to purchase textbooks at an additional cost of approximately $115. More information will be provided following enrolment.
This course has either written or oral supervised assessment. Students will require access to Skype video chat for assessment purposes.
Apply legal principles in corporations and trust law (FNSTPB504)
Course enquiries and more information
Freecall 1800 882 661