TAFE SA offer the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved core course in Australian Commercial Law which meet the education requirements set out by the TPB for those requiring board approved courses for Tax Agent registration and renewal. No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA. International students on a Student visa (subclass 500) are not eligible to undertake short courses.
To meet the requirements of a Board approved course in commercial law to register as a tax agent, you need to have completed three tertiary level units which do not have substantial overlap of content. At least two of these units must be core units.
This core commercial law course meets the education requirements of the Tax Practitioners Board for those needing board approved qualifications for Tax Agents.
If you have prior qualifications in Australian Taxation Law, you may not need to complete these courses. To discuss with a lecturer about selecting the correct course for you, please send an email to FJP.email@example.com before enrolment.
This Australian Commercial Law core unit provides you with the skills and knowledge required to understand the sources of law in Australia, framework of the Australian legal system, the business structures operating in Australia and provide the principles of various areas of commercial law.
Australian Commercial Law I - TAFESA TPB TAX3 (Tax Agent Registration)
- The Legal System: legal foundations, the Constitution, statute law
- The Legal System: the courts, case law and dispute resolution
- Civil liability: tort of negligence
- Civil liability: intentional torts and defamation
- Business structures
- Agency law
- Partnerships and Joint ventures
- Negotiable instruments and EFT
- Credit law and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act
- Bankruptcy and debt recovery
- Privacy and e-commerce
- Marketing law and ethics
- Insurance law
- Employment Law and industrial relations
- Workplace health and safety and workers compensation