Are you interested or involved in the wine industry and want to learn more about the winemaking process?
This course will provide you with hands-on experience and an overview of all aspects of the winemaking process from vine to bottle, including monitoring grape ripening and harvesting the fruit.
Held at our Barossa Valley campus and running in conjunction with 2019 vintage, this practical course covers a range of topics and will provide you with skills in:
- Basic winemaking principles for red wine
- Determination of grape maturity and understanding the characteristics of differing wine making equipment and techniques
- Crushing and processing the wine grapes
- Carrying out and monitoring the fermentation process
- Monitoring the winemaking process
- Preparing the wine for packaging
This course is perfect for small vineyard owners, wine club members, cellar door managers, sommeliers, and anyone else interested or involved in the wine industry.
It is recommended that you have a reasonable level of wine knowledge before enrolling into this course.
Please note that the course will run over 10 sessions throughout the year but that dates are subject to change around vintage.