This course provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS core services, security, architecture, pricing, and support.
Core Skills covered:
- Identify the global infrastructure components of AWS.
- Describe security and compliance measures of the AWS Cloud including AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Create an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC).
- Demonstrate when to use Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), AWS Lambda and AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
- Differentiate between Amazon S3, Amazon EBS, Amazon EFS and Amazon S3 Glacier.
- Demonstrate when to use AWS Database services including Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, and Amazon Aurora.
- Explain AWS Cloud architectural principles.
- Explore key concepts related to Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), Amazon CloudWatch, and Auto Scaling.
To build on the theory concepts, the course provides you with a real environment to do the hands-on practical labs.
This course is intended for people who seek an overall understanding of cloud computing concepts, independent of specific technical roles.
This course is at a beginner level.
The course is offered in partnership with Amazon Academy Training and Certification
For organisations that wish to pay the student fees for this course and are unable to pay by credit card via the website, please contact the Student Engagement & Onboarding team via email on SEOShortCourses@tafesa.edu.au to organise a Third Party Payment invoice.
Online (self-paced) - continuous enrolments until 30th of June 2023.
Self-paced, with approximately 2-3 hours per week of study
Continuous enrolment - you can start this course at anytime. However you will be only allowed the maximum duration of the course from the date of access to the course to complete your studies.
For more details on short course enrolments, discounts, refunds, international student eligibility and more, please visit
Applying for Short Courses