Provide First Aid [formerly Apply First Aid or Senior First Aid] is a comprehensive first aid course suitable for everyday emergency situations. This qualification meets the requirement, set out in the Code of Practice, for a Senior First Aider. It incorporates HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation [CPR] & HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support.
A First aid qualification should be renewed every three  years, however, the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) www.resus.org.au recommends the CPR unit is re-certified annually.
During your First Aid Training you will be required to work at a range of height levels. You will be required to kneel for a minimum of two (2) minutes for Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) assessment and to roll onto your back, side and/or stomach. Please wear appropriate clothing for practical skills assessment at ground level PLEASE NOTE: CPR training manikins used in this course contain latex. You will be required to complete a self-assessment form prior to attending First Aid Training.
If you have any questions or concerns about being able to safely undertake first aid training, please call 8348 4036 for assistance.
Registrations will close 5 working days prior to commencement of class. Maximum participant numbers are 16 people per class. It is essential that participant book and pay course fees to confirm their place.
Training materials provided: First Aid Learning Guide.
Provide First Aid- DRSABCD action plan
- Legal issues
- Infection control
- Managing the unconscious, breathing patient
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Management of medical emergencies including chest pain, asthma, anaphylaxis
- Heat and cold induced illness
- Management of trauma including fractures, head, neck and spinal injuries
- Management of bites and stings and poisons
- The use of a Bronchodilator (asthma)
- The use of an Auto injector Epipen/Anapen (anaphylaxis)
- The use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Freecall 1800 882 661