This course is designed for individuals who have responsibility for preparing the business activity statement (BAS), payroll and processing business tax returns such as taxation specialists, bookkeepers, tax agents, payroll officers, BAS agents and accountants.Note: No refunds apply unless the course is cancelled by TAFE SA.
The course also enhances the skills and knowledge required to maintain taxation accounting records and process lodgements and returns in accordance with Australian Taxation Office (ATO) requirements.
This course meets the Australian Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) educational requirements for BAS Agent registration and renewal of registration.
BAS Agent Registration - GST & BAS Taxation Principles
- Apply specific Australian taxation requirements for business purposes
- Interpret taxation parameters and lodgement schedules
- Use appropriate accounting terminology
- Maintain accounting records for taxation purposes and establish and maintain an administrative process for managing business tax returns
- Interpret and apply relevant payroll legislative requirements
- Calculate and input data into payroll systems and comply with organisational guidelines relating to security and confidentiality of information
- Interpret and comply with relevant provisions in the taxation Acts and their associated regulations and interpret and comply with relevant ATO requirements
- Apply GST terminology and appropriate application to financial transactions
- Meet taxation requirements for business purposes and taxation parameters related to a range of business types
- Use relevant accounting terminology when maintaining accounting records for a variety of business types for taxation purposes
- Accurately complete all sections of both BAS and IAS for multiple entity types and lodge statements within the allocated time frame