Diploma of Applied Geosciences
|Teaching Duration||55 weeks|
(2 Semesters is 1 academic year)
|Course Type||Accredited Course|
|Course Units||View Course Units|
|Course page PDF
Course Admission Requirements
(for International Applications)
of 5.5 Overall with minimum of 5.0 in all bands or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the Certificate III in Mining Exploration.
- International students, before commencing the Diploma of Applied Geosciences, will need to successfully complete the Certificate III in Mining Exploration which commences each January. There is no January start for the Diploma. The total duration for the Certificate III and Diploma is 2 years (4 semesters).
How to Apply
International Course - application process
If you are applying from onshore, generally, you will need to apply for an international course to TAFE South Australia at least two months before you want to start your studies in Australia. If you are applying from offshore it is highly recommended that you apply at least four months in advance.
Read more about:
Note: You must be an International resident to apply for this course.
For Australian residents please visit TAFE SA Courses.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Diploma of Applied Geosciences
You will graduate from this diploma as a geotechnician, able to undertake various paraprofessional geological duties in the field and office. 26 units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full Qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
Packaged University Offer
This course is available as a Packaged University Offer. The University program(s) for this course: Bachelor of Science (majoring in Geology), Bachelor of Science (majoring in Geophysics and Applied Geology) and Bachelor of Science (Mineral Geosciences) at the University of Adelaide or Bachelor of Science (Environmental Science) at Flinders University.
This allows students to accept a joint packaged offer with a local South Australian University, and upon successful completion of TAFE SA qualification, the student is eligible for a guaranteed entry into a nominated University Program. Find out more about Packaged University Offers.
The benefits of a Packaged University Offer include:
- Students will be able to apply for a single visa for the entire duration of both programs
- Guaranteed entry into selected University Programs
- Guaranteed credits shorten the duration of qualifications and reduces tuition fees over the total duration of study program
- Graduate with a dual qualification from both TAFE SA and a University (for example Advanced Diploma/Bachelor Degree)
- Graduate with a competitive mix of practical and theoretical skills
See relevant Credit Transfer details below.
You will only receive a joint offer for TAFE SA and University if you apply for a Packaged University Program. If the University course that you have selected is not part of a Packaged University Offers, you will need to apply separately to the University for your selected degree program.
Studying at TAFE SA is one of the easiest pathways towards a University Degree. Credit Transfer is the formal recognition that parts of a TAFE SA course are equivalent in content and level to parts of some University courses.
Find other TAFE SA Credit Transfer Agreements
|University||University Course||Points||Time Equiv.||Details|
|Flinders University||Bachelor of Science (Environmental Science)||36 points
| ||Bachelor of Environment||36 points
| ||Bachelor of Science (major in Environmental Geology)||36 points
|University of Adelaide||Bachelor of Science (Energy Geoscience)||18 points
| ||Bachelor of Science (major in Geology)||24 points
| ||Bachelor of Science (major in Geophysics and Applied Geology)||24 points
| ||Bachelor of Science (Mineral Geoscience)||24 points
These course fees are for international students only.
|Tuition Fees||Incidental Fees|
|Semester 1||AUD $6666||AUD $380|
|Semester 2||AUD $6667||-|
|Semester 3||AUD $6667||-|
|Fee Totals||AUD $20000||AUD $380|
|Total Course Cost||AUD $20380|
* Additional fee is for 2 field camps of one week duration each. Students may also be required to purchase or borrow items for the camps, such as tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, day pack. Students will also need to purchase or borrow personal safety equipment and materials (ie safety boots, glasses and protective clothing).
Note: TAFE SA does not commit to any fees shown. Charges vary between courses and subjects and are
based on a rate per hour. TAFE SA and their agents reserve the right to make any changes necessary.
Overseas Health Cover
All overseas students are required to have Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) insurance for the entire duration of the course. The health cover rate will vary depending on the personal circumstances and duration of stay in Australia. Read more about Overseas Health Cover.
TAFE SA International offers an optional Arrival & Pick up and/or Accommodation Service. For further details please contact us.