This qualification is designed for individuals who need skills to prepare for a vocational pathway qualification or further foundation skills development.
It is suitable for individuals who require:
- a pathway to employment and further vocational training;
- reading, writing, oral communication, learning and numeracy skills primarily aligned to the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 2;
- entry level digital technology and employability skills;
- education, training and employment goals.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications (eg licensing, professional registration), may apply to some occupations.
Qualifications & Skills Covered
Certificate I in Skills for Vocational Pathways
This course covers digital technology, work-related learning, numbers, simple fractions, decimals, percentages, spoken interaction and reading, responding and writing simple workplace information. To complete the qualification you are required to complete 1 core unit and all 10 elective units.
Note: Students who successfully complete only one or more units of competency but not the full qualification are eligible to receive a Statement of Attainment.
of TAFE SA graduates find jobs or continue studying.
of TAFE SA graduates are satisfied with the overall quality of training.
* 2019 NCVER Student Outcomes Survey findings